Monday 25 May 2015

LEARN GRATITUDE FIRST!

I have taken a very odd break from my favorite online presence - my blog! I keep asking myself, how could I have been so absent from a page that has offered me so much in terms of self-expression in the past two years or thereabout? Then, I remembered I had not even had the opportunity to go to Church in the past three months. I had this realization prior to Sunday 24th May, 2015 - coincidentally my Mother's birthday. If some duties of National interest could have held me back from going to the House of the Lord, how much can an online page matter? Not as much as God's presence I bet!

So, I chose the date for my much-needed go-back to the Household of God as 24th May, 2015 in honour of my wonderful mother, who sat and watched my infant head. Happy Birthday mum!

Thank God I went to Church yesterday. The realization I brought back was not from the sermon, neither was it from the choir ministration; it was from the testimony of a man who just bought a new motorcycle! Surprise, isn't it? This man came up looking so radiant with lovely smiles to share his testimony. From his testimony I quote: "I joined this Church sometimes last year and the first challenge that faced me was how to get my family from our house which is very far from the church to this place every Sunday. To my surprise, God provided me with a motorcycle and we have been coming to this church ever since then."

As he continued, he had something more to say concerning God's provisions. I expected, in my carnal mind that he was going to say God just provided him with a car; but against my shallow expectations, he went on: "Yesterday, God said the other motorcycle had become old and he provided a brand new one". To say I was dumb-struck would be an understatement. I mean, here I was complaining about not having a car and here was this man with beautiful smiles thanking God in the presence of a large congregation for a motorcycle! He had learned gratitude before me!

I say to someone reading this piece this moment, think about your situation and then look around; do you not see people whose prayer points are your present condition? You make so much noise about being broke with #900 in your pocket, yet you do not realize that there is a family of four around you who could feed for a week with that same amount? The amount you spend traveling around looking for a dream job is exactly what someone else needs to set up a petty business to feed her children as she has lost her husband! GRATITUDE.....

With the little you have, no matter how poor you think you are, give thanks. The fact that you were able to read this piece tells me you have a phone, at least a daily data subscription and access to electricity...I hope you find a way to realize that the cost of those three combined will feed a certain family somewhere for two months!

Think of how bad your situation...but before you complain, look around! Do you not see people who are seeking YOUR generosity even as broke as you look? Think....think....think....! You are far better than a lot of people...all you need to learn is the art of giving thanks - GRATITUDE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment Here