Tuesday 11 November 2014

GOODLUCK JONATHAN GETS MY VOTE AGAIN IN 2015


Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, the Commander-In-Chief of the Federal Republic of Nigeria is not exactly the kind of person I personally like, maybe because he is too dark a man, or because he looks too timid for my personal liking....or because he has refused to curtail the little excesses of Mama Peace (I pray she does not get angry for this because I am a huge fan). Not exactly likable, but I say emphatically and convincingly that Goodluck Ebele Jonathan will get my vote again in 2015. I will explain why in the paragraphs that will follow.

The last two times I travelled to Lagos, I had this terrible traffic experience that got me frustrated for a very long while! My anger was abated however when I realized that by the time I will make the trip again in 2015, it will be a marvellous travelling experience. For the first time in many years and through several governments, the Lagos-Ibadan expressway is actually being renovated! Obasanjo gave the project to Bi-Courtney, it ended as a sham; but the black Bayelsa man has succeeded in not only commencing the project, but working very rapidly to achieve completion in a relatively short time. It is one thing the South West people should eternally be grateful for.

One of those days when me and my father had so much time on our hands to discuss his farming engagements, he showed me a GES text message on his phone giving instructions on how farmers will have access to subsidized farm supplies at rates that gives convenience to such farmers. Again, for the first time in years, the Nigerian Government made direct interventions towards farmers which was successfully planned and delivered! Again, my people should be grateful.

The Nigerian Railway Corporation has now began ferrying people across Nigeria through the railway system. Although the sight of our archaic locomotive engines are comic to behold, yet the now functional railway system scores GEJ higher than even our daddy OBJ in terms of effective governance and service delivery. I hear someone say it was Yaradua who commenced the process of rejuvenation of the Railway system, but I say to that person, if Yaradua planned it and GEJ implemented it, give me GEJ and let Yaradua rest in peace.

I am bold to say, that at no point in the history of our great nation has the executive council of the Federal Government been made up of as much capable hands as the GEJ government. OBJ’s era had the likes of Chief Bola Ige being made the Minister of Power and Steel (a lawyer) and the likes of Mimiko taking over from him (a Medical Doctor). In the case of the GEJ government, it has been round pegs filling round holes! He has run his government with capable hands who are authorities in the fields where their respective Ministries are domiciled. Again I say give me GEJ!

In recent times, Nigerian foreign policy has been at an all time best as our nations is now accorded a certain pride of place in the global space. This has not only contributed to the re-basing of our GDP, it has granted us a second term as a member of the UN security council and has helped Nigeria maintain a particular dignity that has not given the United States the chance to exploit us. Again I say give me the man that has brought international respect to my nation.

What else do I mention? The fact that automobile plants are now springing up in Nigeria? Or the fact that government policies are now being tailored to encourage Foreign Direct Investments and Local Content? Or the fact that for years now, long queues have disappeared from our filling stations? Or the fact that airport terminals are now being re-modelled? Give me the man who has delivered more than he promised. Give me GEJ!

I say to everyone who is claiming GEJ is a bad leader, you should be careful, lest you fall for the mindless schemings of the Northern elites. They have sponsored so much media propaganda that has portrayed GEJ in bad light....they just want to make us believe he is incapable!  Think again, has your life not been afforded more opportunities in recent times than you ever were exposed to in the past? Think again!

Regards
DO


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment Here